Friday, December 9, 2011

Mentally ill and normal

Mental illness has always been a serious worry in my life. As well as I do cope, I'm bipolar. It's not 'hidden' because I don't hide it but it's managed. I live a very healthy lifestyle, try not to overindulge on alcohol especially (contrary to my blog persona) and get enough sleep to...well, I try to sleep.

This article has my story as written by Hilary Paige Smith. In all honesty, it was the scariest thing I've ever done. Is there potential to be judged? Of course. Does the fact that I attempted to kill myself define who I am? Not even a little bit.

I'm the success story to say the least. I'm now 25, have been off medication for almost two years and have done everything I can to stay 'healthy.' I honestly have to give a huge thank you to Hilary for writing this piece. It's a scary thing to talk about...it's a scary subject in general.

Back to studying...it's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment