Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The stuff I've done in the past year

Have you ever thought you don't do enough? I have always said I am so privileged to be at this university - to be at any university, really. I went from an abusive, crappy marriage to being the person I have always wanted to be. I wake up in the morning happy to be alive - and that's something since I deal with bipolar and have been suicidal before.

I was asked to write a list of what I've done this year for a reference letter - the professor who wanted it knew some things I have done and the academic work I've done. I wrote 1.5 pages in size 10 font.

Lately, I've felt as though my volunteering and contributions haven't been enough, but in all honestly, I've just done different things this year. From speaking to a grade 10 class, helping out with WUSC when I can or even just working with the paper, I really do love trying to give back.

Okay, so this isn't a blog of "I'm amazing" but it is to say maybe we should take inventory of our lives more often...see if we're on the path we want to be. If we are, we can take a moment to be happy and know that we're touching lives. If we aren't...we have the opportunity to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment