Monday, February 13, 2012

My realizations hit me like a brick wall

I've been complaining today about it being a crappy day. Why? Student politics have me down, my work has been called into question, things aren't going just right...it's just been a bad day.

Then, as I was walking back to my room from the library, a security guy told me to be careful - it was slippery. Well, that was nice of him. I appreciated that and walked a little slower.

My boyfriend has been amazing through this - extremely supportive and just great. I appreciate that too.

John and Ugie were two other kind ears - it didn't take a lot but I didn't say thanks to them either...but I really did appreciate it.

Anthony listened to me worry all morning and didn't get angry - huh, didn't say thanks there but I really appreciated that too.

Finally, I realized something - there is a woman on Grand Manan mourning the loss of her husband. She spent last night not knowing where he was or if he'd come home. The is a daughter mourning her father's death.

And I'm complaining about my day? I need to learn to appreciate things more and not focus on the irritants. Nothing bad happened today - it was irritating and annoying but it wasn't bad. It wasn't heartbreaking.

To Vern's family, I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through but please know, there is an entire island of people who are thinking about you, praying for you and are with you in thought and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment