Sunday, January 1, 2012

Possibilities

Have you ever met that person who everyone warns you against? He's trouble, bad news, etc etc. I want to say I listen to the warnings but typically, I have to figure it out for myself. The problem this time is that person doesn't really appear to be anything like the warnings.

There are two obvious possibilities to why this is:

Possibility One:
He's a typical womanizer, think Charlie Sheen's younger brother, who is able to lie to me better than anyone else, acts like a perfect gentleman when I'm around, even though I've told him he has little to no chance, is still trying...but not really pulling out any lines. Officially, he's really just a huge jerk who probably should be slapped because he's pretending to be nice and is considering me a challenge, not a real person.

Possibility Two:
He's actually a genuinely nice person who went a little nuts for awhile, developed a bad reputation and wound up hurt a little in the process. While possibility two might be a little bit hard to believe, since I'm pretty much 'Possibility Two' as well, I can believe it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a stupid girl. Listen to what other people say but always judge for yourself.

In all honesty, I really don't believe it's the first one...and I'm kind of glad I gave him the chance because he's a pretty awesome friend.

Luckily, Grand Manan hasn't rubbed off on me so much that I just constantly listen to the rumours and thankfully, I've given up trying to please other people just to make them stay friends with me. Grand Manan has a tendency to make or break reputations. I understand people make their own decisions but the problem is that youthful stupidity often fades and yet, people are still left with a reputation that precedes them.

I also had to decide whether or not I was going to be friends with this person because it could/would irritate someone who should be close to me. I attempted to care for about a week but honestly, I'm not doing anything wrong and I think I'm making the right decision to not give up a friendship 'just in case' I hurt someone. Yes, it concerns me but everyone deserves a second chance and the opportunity to be given a fair chance. Thankfully, I'm glad I was called out on judging someone because I firmly believe he's possibility two.

No comments:

Post a Comment