Saturday, January 7, 2012

One of those days

I woke up late this morning. I had my alarm (and coffee maker) set for 7:45am, however, the clock wasn't actually on so instead of waking up with a chill, relaxing cup of java, I began to panic. I am terrible at being rushed. I need more than 1/2 an hour to get ready to go somewhere, even if I'm all ready. I am terrified that I'll forget something, that I'll be late...so time is always a fear.

Instead of panicking though, I forced myself to go get a cup of coffee and watch a couple episodes of 'Supersize vs Superskinny' which I am currently addicted to. I understand what it's like to not be able to walk up the stairs without huffing and puffing and comfort through Oreos. You know, what I missed most was being in shape. I like that I can dash across campus and not be out of breath, that I can walk in a room and not be the biggest one there, and that I can feel comfortable in my own skin. This show also reminds me that too much dieting is scary. The superskinny girls aren't really pretty...and they're tired. At my work-load, I can't afford to be tired.

I have decided that I will wait until the Commons opens and go do my homework over there. I'll be free of distractions from tv and the computer and will get everything done. I don't actually have 'homework' per say but I want to be a bit ahead, make sure I know the material, and be ready for next week. Yes, I've embraced my inner nerd and I love my Point-Dexter right to bits.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment