Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Vodka Diaries

As I sit here drinking vodka, in part because I am pissed and in part because I'm bored (huh, this appears healthy, doesn't it), I am blogging. Why? Because I'm grumpy.

It all started with this guy - as always. So guy - let's call him 'someone' has been sweet, decent, texting all the time, just sort of interestingly adorable...great, right? Oh yeah, until I let him sleep over after a few glasses of wine because it was late and drinking and driving scares me (even a couple drinks)... So he's a little too pushy for my liking. If I say no, I mean no. Maybe I'm just claustrophobic or maybe I'm about to puke from too much wine. Anyways, I wasn't uncomfortable enough to kick him out so he stayed...

So we keep things to a 'PG' but all of a sudden, but the next day, the texts slow to a minimum and then I get booty-called. Are you friggin' kidding me?...I'm NOT into that. There's an enormous difference between 'booty-call' and 'friends with benefits'

Now listen, there is a huge difference friends with benefits and a booty call - I LIKE friends with benefits. I like having someone that I can talk to, hang out with, be FRIENDS with. I don't like this stupid idea of a booty call. I don't want to be used. Ever.

Anyways, he says that's not it at all but it's really funny - he's around...no text. But he offers to come back for a sleepover - yep, sure, goody. Because I really want to sleep over with some guy who can't even be my friend before 8pm. Screw it. I don't want to talk about his sex life, his penis size, what he can 'do for me' that 'no other guy can' (uh huh) and I'm just tired of men yet again. No wonder I gave up on dating for 6 months.

Hookups are a dime a dozen - they're literally 'walk in bar, 15 minutes, walk out' - boring and kind sleezy. I'd rather stick with a good friend...and obviously, 'somebody' is not it.

No comments:

Post a Comment