Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pride in my school

Although I have been upset about this whole topic yesterday, I am proud of the students who took a stance both for and against abortion, the method in which is was done and the fact that they did something.

While I don't think their avenue was the best...I really (really) don't...I do believe trying to do something is better than not doing anything at all. They believe they were doing something good...arguable but they weren't out to intentionally hurt anyone. There were people that gave their testimony...do I think it was the proper area? Not a chance - but I commend them on their bravery.

Secondly, to the people that are offended - keep writing your SRC and administration. If you're upset, your voice should be heard. Pro-choice is not the same thing as pro-abortion - it is also not a pro-abortion club. I believe in the right to information and free speech...But that doesn't mean every spot is the right to speak.

Please remember, this blog is NOT the opinions of me in any student government, media, or other capacity. It is only me - Sam - the person, the human. Do NOT assume that everything on here is true, don't assume that I'm automatically right (or wrong)...this is a blog - take it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment