Monday, January 7, 2013

Those little things...

I started school once again today - my last term of my last year. Can I get a boo-yeah from the internet world?  There are a few things I've been working on over the past couple of weeks getting ready to prep up for school once again.

I have my finances in order.  I paid my entire tuition last term (which sucked in a sense because I was broke a LOT of the time) so I can put money away and into a savings account until I need it in June for rent.  Plus, I don't have to worry about money that much because I'm not so hard up on cash which means less stress.

I have taken up winter running in part, due to the influence of one of my role models and professor.  The woman has the energy of a puppy/kid with serious ADHD AND caffeine addiction - seriously, I don't get it.  Anyways, I bought some new running clothes, have a pair of sneakers that haven't been broken down yet, and am layering on the pants, shirts, socks, gloves, scarves, hats, mitts, etc....If you see a round blob running down the road screaming "SAVE ME FROM THE MADNESS" honk and wave at me, k? 

I have made a personal goal to do one volunteer activity every two weeks.  Right now, my cause is the Out of the Cold shelter.  On Sunday, I brought them a lemon cake with buttercream frosting.  In 13 days, hot cocoa cupcakes.  I'd like to do more but I'm attempting to zen my life a bit more right now and don't have time to volunteer physically...but I do have time to whip up some snacks for some hungry people.

I have also started my newest diet which is quite simply, I eat what I cook.  Minus the few times out with friends or family, I am allowing myself to eat whatever I want as long as I cook it...real, homemade food...and I generally cook a LOT of veggies, some chicken (it's a winter cold thing...it's lovely), and suck at making bread...so I'm doing okay.  I made an enormous pot of chicken soup with dumplings that should last the week and it's amazing - cabbage, a whole roast chicken, some chili peppers, potato, dumplings, carrots, tomatoes, spices, onion, spinach - basically anything I had laying around the house went into the soup. I'm a firm believer in being vegetarian (not everyone, just me) but it's a health thing and I know for a fact I haven't got enough protein lately (hence why I'm getting nosebleeds and am tired/grumpy all the time).  I'm doing okay with chicken (no migraines!!) so I'll keep on eating it for now until I get more varied veggies (it's Canada in the winter - the only 'buy fresh and local' option is snow).

Apart from that, I'm going to start putting together an essay and start reading for Wednesday - should be a good time...or something!

Later Days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment