Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013 Goals Month One

January is almost over and I'm going through my goals (Since January 4th - Get healthy, start Guatemala trip work, figure out what I'm doing next year, save money.  Here's my recap so far!

1) Get healthy - I started winter running and am keeping up with it well.  I got the HealthyLog app in my phone so that I can keep track of my weight and my exercise activity.  I've found if I don't go out for a couple of days, it's easy to just stop running for weeks...so this keeps me going. I've got 8 runs in since January 4th...okay I 'could' be doing better on this.  That's about once every three days but I also work 2 jobs and go to school.  I'm okay with once every 3 days but I'd like to learn to get up in the morning and go then (and get down to every couple of days).  Also, I am down about 5lbs and I just feel better all around!

2) I am accepted into the Guatemala program, will be heading out December 23rd, 2013.  I'm fundraising already and absolutely love it! I'm SO excited!!!

3) I have no idea what I'm doing next year. I don't know - I'm thinking it may be time to take a year, start working, get my feet underneath me and start looking for jobs up north.  I just don't know yet.

4) Save money? I've been able to budget 2500 for an apartment and this trip towards the end of the year.  I'm looking at a low-risk investment fund or something where I can get decent interest.  My goal is to put another $500 away from work, taxes, etc.  Fingers crossed.

So my goals are going well so far - here's to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment