Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Meaning of Dreams in my little Tinker Noggin.

I woke up this morning right after one of those very vivid dreams that drive me crazy.  What is my subconscious thinking exactly because I'm completely confused!  Anyways, the dream went something like this:

I was on a bus in Saint John.  It was dark out and there were many other people on the bus.  A woman (short dirty blonde hair, very overweight, slightly greasy looking) and her daughter (about 9 or 10, blue eyes, brown hair, also overweight).  Both were in winter coats but no hats or mittens.  

The mother hauled out a pack of cigarettes and the daughter kept asking for one (which completely bothered me and made me extremely angry but I said nothing).  The mother said no a few times and dropped one on the bus floor.  The child picked it up and hauled out a lighter (with mother sighing and allowing it), lighting it.  At this time, I asked the mother to tell her to stop.  

The mother ignored me.  So I asked the child.  Got a rude face.

So I walked over to the pair (they were in the front row of the bus but there was the half petition like on the section that is risen up towards the back) and took the lit cigarette from the child, crushed it on the floor, and then went into a rant telling both mother and child off (for some reason, I knew it was the mother).  

There was military-like barking, yelling, a "Did I ask you to speak? I don't remember asking you to speak." and "Sit your ass down"...it was vicious.  

So what does this dream mean? Does it actually mean anything? Here's what I found out but I'm definitely skeptical:

Anger
To dream that you are holding or expressing anger symbolizes frustrations and disappointments in your Self. You tend to repress your negative emotions or project your anger  onto others. You need to look within yourself.  
Being angry in your dream may have been carried over from your waking life. Dreams function as a safe outlet where you can express your strong and/or negative emotions. You are suppressing your anger and aggression, instead of consciously acknowledging them. 

To dream that you are waiting for a bus indicates a temporary setback in achieving your personal goals. If you miss the bus, then it indicates that an aspect of your life is out of control. You need to slow down and map out a new plan. If you get on the wrong bus, then the dream indicates your fears of making the wrong choice and going on the wrong path. You are conflicted between what you want and what others want for you.
To dream that you are riding a bus implies that you are going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and control over where your life is taking.
To dream that you are in a bus accident suggests that it is time for you to move away from a group setting and venture out on your own. You need to be more independent.
To dream that you are paying a bus fare refers to the price you are paying in order to please others.



Child - the child was not my source of anger in the dream but unfortunately, I can't find anything for this.  Nor can I find anything for rotten mother.  


Cigarettes
To dream that you are smoking or offering a cigarette signifies your need for a break. It may also points to issues of dependency . However if you are against smoking and have this dream, you need to analyze aspects of your waking life and what you are doing that may adversely affect your health.

To dream that you or someone is yelling represents repressed anger that needs to be expressed. If you are yelling and no one hears, then it suggests that you are being overlooked in some waking situation. You feel that your voice does not matter or that your opinion does not count.


Okay...so maybe I shouldn't be so skeptical.  I'm frustrated at work because people won't band together, stand strong and say "We need to be treated fairly".  It bothers me that people accept coming in for staff training without pay, that people are coming in on their days off to work (because they are overworked), it bothers me that no one bothered telling me my job responsibilities and I'm doing manager work (training, writing manuals for training, but not getting enough hours to actually do my real job) without the pay.  

I'm disappointed that instead of recognizing the unfair treatment of employees, people either suffer in silence because they're scared to lose their job or they unfortunately think their work is harder and more time consuming so why am I bringing this up?  Why do people just accept things and not fight for change and social equality? Why don't people boycott for a few days and refuse to work?

Repressed anger? Yep. Is it time to analyze this repressed anger? uh huh. Riding a bus? I feel like I'm going along with the crowd because I can't risk everyone elses job by just letting loose.  The rest of the crowd on my dream bus did nothing - just sat there...It sounds like my society in general right now.

Anyways, maybe there is something to dream meanings sometimes...at least, this time.    


 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment