Thursday, May 17, 2012

That quote that makes you smile

One of my professors said yesterday that if you think of things that made you happy, you will be happier. While I believe the weather has been leaving me dreary (and in NO mood to write), I think it was very good advice.

This afternoon, I was reading a book - one of those stupid, cheesy teen books about prep school (from the creator of "Gossip Girl" - you get the idea). There was a quote though that just made me smile because it's how I want my life to be:

"Go not where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

How amazing is it to believe that my life, my goals and ambitions, hope and dreams, are only just beginning? Everything that I have done so far is just a start...and really, there is no climax. My life is only getting better...and I'm perfectly happy.

So, after an hour long run in the sun, coffee with a new friend, and a purchase of 'Jelly Belly' shower gel only because it smells heavenly, I can honestly say I'm definitely on the path I'm supposed to be.

Robert Frost may have only walked down one path and felt as though he missed out on the other - I decided to skip the path today and walk amidst the trees.

1 comment:

  1. “The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.”

    ReplyDelete