Tuesday, May 29, 2012

One busted ankle later

So with a 2-inch blister that looks horrible on the back of my left foot and a sprain that didn't appreciate the 11km run that I did last night, I have a bandage, gauze, 2 socks, and a brace on my foot.

I refuse to get down in the dumps about this. I'm just not. There's still great things that happened today-I got one exam out of the way, got some amazing groceries, have a date tomorrow, bought some amazing soap (it smells yummy) on sale, and it was a great sunny day!

I'm going to the gym tomorrow to work on upper body strength and stretching. I can't put my full weight on my ankle so I'm hoping this will help get me back in running shape but I've basically given up on doing a 1/2 marathon this year.

Apart from that, I've been watching "Monster-in-Laws" and have realized I REALLY appreciate my mother. She's pretty awesome - and calls me when I'm upset about my ankle. I did get pretty down tonight about that - just started crying because I was so frustrated and in pain. I was taking it slow, didn't run on inclines, wore my brace...all the stuff I'm supposed to do...and my ankle just gave out.

As far as the vegan diet goes, can I just say YUM! I love being able to eat a ton of food without worrying about calories as much, knowing that what I'm eating is healthy and tasty...so fingers crossed I can keep this up (provided the caf works with me here).

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Have a great night everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment