Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The ideal morning versus the reality

Ideal

6am - Spring out of bed with a smile. Immediately become inspired by this quote from the Dali Lama:
"Everyday, think as you wake up, ‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can"

Reality

11am - roll out of bed, hit floor with a word or two (it's a 3-ft fall), get coffee. Groan as I think of homework. Pee. Try to be happy. Screw it - more coffee.

Hmmm...there is actually a huge difference between my goal and my reality. New plan! Stop falling out of bed!

1 comment:

  1. BaTHUMP. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Oh yeah, I am supposed to be sympathetic...will get there as soon as I stop laughing at you...Sorry kid...still giggling.

    ReplyDelete